Graduate with a degree and teacher certification
Our students learn and practice transferable skills in Miami-Dade classrooms, finishing with the credentials to become successful math and science professionals.
Unlock new career options during your four-year program
Strengthen your graduate, medical or veterinary school applications
Receive $70,000+ in grants and scholarships
Educate generations of math and science leaders
If you’re majoring in biology, chemistry, earth science, mathematics or physics, FIUteach will prepare you to teach, inspire and challenge students in sixth through 12th grades.
Benefits of FIUteach include:
- Being a part of a curious, like-minded STEM community
- Personal guidance from Master Teachers and FIU faculty
- Recruitment and retention scholarships
- Learning hands-on teaching strategies
- Intensive field experiences
- Developing transferable skills including collaboration, critical thinking and organization
FIUteach is based on the nationally acclaimed UTeach model, supported by the National Math and Science Initiative and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
- Science & Technology
$1.3 million federal grant helps FIU beef up high school biology classes with big data, hands-on researchOct 12, 2022
Master teacher recognized with Deering Foundation Partner AwardFeb 25, 2021
- Campus & Community
Spring grad is going back to high school – this time to teachMay 5, 2020
Upcoming events will be posted here.